The Cavs had a strong showing at the Sacramento Metropolitan Athletic League championship at Encina High School on May 5. The boys and girls teams earned second places with 117.5 points and 85 points, respectively.
The following athletes qualified for the May 11 section trial meet:
- Senior sprinter Craig Bolman:
- 200 meter dash: first place with 24.52 seconds.
- 400 meter dash: first place with 54.51.
- Senior Arijit Trivedi:
- Pole vault: first place with a height of 9-6.
- 4×400 meter relay: Trivedi, Bolman, and freshmen Dylan Sullivan and Andrew Burr finished in first place with 3:49.99.
- Senior sprinter Zola Grey:
- 100 meter dash: second place with 13.45.
- 100 meter hurdles: first place with 19.83.
- High jump: first place with 4-8.
- Junior shot putter Natalie Park: second with a throw of 21-5.
- Junior sprinter Garman Xu:
- 300 meter hurdles: second place with 52.03.
- Freshman long-distance runner Andrew Burr:
- 1600 meter race: first place with 4:55.13.
- 3200 meter race: first place with 11:11.41.
- Freshman long-distance runner Wyatt Hall:
- 3200 meter race: second place with 11:25.52.
- Freshman long-distance runner Cecilia DeBerry:
- 800 meter race: first place with 2:41.61.
- 1600 meter race: first place with 5:51.33.
- 4×400 meter relay:
- Trivedi, Burr, freshman runner Dylan Sullivan and Bolman finished first place with a time of 3:49.99.
SCDS also competed in sections on May 13, from which Grey and Burr will be moving on to Masters on May 20-21.
A recap from sections will be up soon.